2008/08/01

Illustration Friday: Poof!


I have a friend who's not answered my e-mails in almost a year. Being a bit slow on the uptake sometimes, it's not until these last couple of weeks that I've begun to worry about it. I'm going to give it another try when I get back to Sweden later this month, but self concious and self centered as I am I can't help thinking that the obvious reason is that she's grown tired of me.

This perhaps-former-friend of mine likes tea. The last time I saw her we went to a tea-shop to get the next flavour on the list; she's determined to try every last one they have! To go with it we then went searching for a teapot to add to her collection, as a kind of moving-in present to herself for when she got her new flat.
I so very much hope that that won't be my last memory of her, but there you go. I made this drawing as a kind of tiny little homage to a friendship that may have gone up in a slow Poof!.

11 comments:

  1. Love the teapot and I hope you find that your friend has just been very busy with her life. In any case, I think you've tried to be a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice painting. But I do not understand why your friendship is in question. I hope you and your friend will be enjoying tea again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, it's always sad when a friendship ended.. you're a wonderful friend, though, to always keep in touch with your friends. its a cute teapot btw, i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good friends are hard to find. She will come to her senses. Great watercolor. Steam looks real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! If nothing else, it's a lovely homage to the friendship!

    www.indigeneartforms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely teapot, and really nice puffs of smoke. It's gracious and kind of you to keep a hot pot of tea waiting for her whenever she remembers to write you again. I hope she returns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes poeple just feel the need to move on. Most times it has nothing what so ever to do with us. Send her love and if you don't hear from her again, treasure the memories of your times together.
    Wonderful tribute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for the kind comments! It's true that she is a very busy person and it's probably just a case of lazyness. ;) I've most likely overthought it all. It's just that withought any kind of responce, one's thoughts are free to roam wild and that's not always the best thing...
    Anyway, the vapour in the drawing looks real because I used thin paper to make the water bubble it, and then I took a photo of it rather than using the scanner.
    Again, thanks for the comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like your teapot very much, hope your friend does too.

    ReplyDelete