2010/09/18

Illustration Friday:"Acrobat"; かるわざし, karuwazashi


Despite being blind, Emil is one of our most adventurous cats - he seems to like living a little bit on the edge (I named this painting The Edge both for that reason and for the composition). Here's a little video that wouldn't embed itself but the cat reminds me so much of Emil! ;) And here's from National Geographic Kids, all about the acrobatic skills of cats - beautiful vid.
Below is a cat food spot - almost believable, isn't it?

Link: The hunt is on for Britain's most adventurous cat
But this is my favourite:

10 comments:

  1. Love your cat on the edge...really enjoyed the Ikea video too....such beautiful cats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Nancy! Beautiful painting of Emil. I love the texture on the wall, too. You know, I saw the "making of" video for that IKEA commercial. They did it one night after the store closed and vacuumed everything up before opening the doors the next morning. Fascinating!

    I enjoyed catching up with you. Hope you've been well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Cynthia, thanks Bella! :( The funniest part of the 'making of' was the cat proof wall barrier... I wonder if that was for the camera or if they believed it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy!
    I loved the cat videos! Oh, I didn't know Emil was blind... but he seems to enjoy life all the same :)! Wonderful painting!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annuk - yup, it seems he won't let a thing as that stop him ;)
    Fourborne - thank you! What a beautiful name - Sage :)
    Philip Morgan - thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emil is so cute, great painting of him. That Ikea ad must be their best one? At least I think so. Btw I need some help about title suggestions for my latest cat illustration - it's on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a blind cat once. We had to be careful not to move the furniture so he didn't bump into anything. Beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. But he likes to play hide and seek! ;) Thanks for the comment, Matt :)

    ReplyDelete