2011/04/16

Excuse me, which way to the center of the Earth? IF: "Journey"; えんろ enro

     Like probably a lot of people, the fantastic stories by Jules Verne were part of my growing up. 
Back then I could ignore the often pessimistic or harsh reality psychology of the characters (and the stories themselves) and enjoy the adventures. But now that I've seen some of the world, now his stories make me sad.
He did write an awful lot, though, and I'm slowly going through them, enjoying them in a different way these days.

15 comments:

  1. What a great underwater scene...I love your octopus and the perspective as he takes up the whole page! have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun drawing style. My favorite Jules Verne was "the Mysterious Island" I wonder if I'd like it as much as an adult? Also- thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I simply love this piece! The expression on your octopus is sooo sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the octopus' expression! "The Mysterious Island" was also my favourite as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is such a sense of swirling movement in your undersea world here. Its interesting and different. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice drawing, love the octopuses expression

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the best octopus I have ever seen in my entire life.

    What a shape! What character!

    I love the little you there under the sea with a glass bowl helmet.

    This is so charming! When I get back into my digital art, do you mind if I color it? (Need to fix my wacom tablet) I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the movement in this image. Great line.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oops, this one seems popular, I hadn't expected that! :D Thanks everyone for commenting, and Rubin, yes, of course you can colour it, comb it and paint its toenails, she's all yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. another great illo, nancy :)

    and yeah, verne got me at an early age, too...

    ReplyDelete