2011/11/05

Illustration Friday: "Stripes"; しま shima

My striped cat Valentino has been feeling poorly this week, not eating or wanting to play or go belly up for a rub. 
The vet couldn't find anything wrong with him but I suspected constipation (or at least hoping it wasn't anything more serious) and tried giving him the most liquid patés I could find, and force feeding him water. 
But the days went by and nothing happened so this morning I went to a Swedish store and got some "messmör", a kind of  sweet milky spread that I hear has a tinge of  caramel taste - I remember it being very popular in kindergarden but never tried it myself. 
I'd been hearing this rumour about messmör being a miracle worker on constipated cats and thought it couldn't possibly hurt to try before calling the vet again.
A couple of hours later I hear someone moving about in the litter box and I rush out all excited to catch any news. 
I arrive just in time to see my no-longer-so-fat boy covering up a big healthy pile of produce.
This was my reaction at the scene:

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your cat is feeling better! I will admit that cat litter boxes are not my favorite topic for art but I can totally understand the impulse after worrying about Valentino.

    The sketch of Valentino is really terrific. I love the loose lines and the way you captured his fur and sleeping face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Valentino! I'm so glad his problem is solved! His tummy must have been aching, poor boy...
    Big kiss to him!!!!
    Both your drawings are wonderful! The one with a happy Nancy next to the litter box is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, hanging around the litter box is not my favourite pastime but this time it had to be done, urk :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Åh mår han bättre nu? stackars Tjockis....:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. jadå, när han väl gått på lådan blev han sig själv i ett huj! :D

    ReplyDelete