2011/11/02

Keeping it small, and boating in Alicante

I made some small 12x12 cm (4.7x4.7") frames to be covered in canvas later today. I also glued the little left over stumps, thinking they could perhaps be turned into mini mini-paintings!

But speaking of something else, the Volvo Ocean Race is in Alicante! So obviously, a trip down to the water was a must.



And since we're on the subject of boats and such, there's a replica (of sorts) of the Santísima Trinidad visiting the port of Alicante. I say "replica of sorts" because what she really is, is a restaurant made in the general shape of the original - she wouldn't be allowed on the Tall Ships' Race! Or maybe she would, what would I know.
Santísima Trinidad was the largest ship of her kind (with 140 guns!) but finally fell in Trafalgar, 1805.

4 comments:

  1. What fabulous pictures! & how I would love to be transported to this place :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to participate in a sailing race. What fun! I went to see some Tall Ships in Vancouver once and it was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeha, I don't really mind living here ;)

    I once worked as a volunteer at a tall Ships gathering in Stockholm - I had a blast! Yup, being part of the crew on a proper tall ship would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete