2012/02/03

Illustration Friday: "Suspense"; ふあんしん fuanshin

Sometimes after I've gone to bed, I remember something I just have to do and, trying to not disturb the cats (or they'll wake and play the rest of the night, keeping everybody else awake too), I don't turn the lights on. This, however, can be a little treacherous as there's often one or two creatures lounging on the stairs and I've often had to use my ability to stop midair and stay suspended for as long as it takes to grab hold of something that'll keep me from flattening a cat.

And speaking of stepping on cats, remember I mentioned IKEA the other week? Well, one of the things I got there, was a white bathroom mat for my black cats. They used to love lying on the black doormat, even when I kept stepping on them (in full daylight!). This new mat eases my consciense a little, and they get fewer bruises.

6 comments:

  1. I have never been able to wake up and walk without having two furry shadows follow me with their feet or their eyes...your stairs reminded me of our stairs. I have an orange mat like that, also from Ikea, for out cats. I think I need a new one. have a great weekend Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful drawing with great perspective. I hope it ends up ok! Your cats are quite cute too and I think the white mat was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our cats lay on the stairs too. It is dangerous! The drawing is great and gives the feeling of impending doom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great image. I really like the texture you used. Great idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks!
    An orange mat sounds delish, I've got to look for something in colour next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snygg teckning sys! och oj vad stora, slanka och vackra Bobby och Lindo blivit!!

    ReplyDelete