2012/03/11

Animated trouble and toil ...

So, for our period of "free" work at school, I chose "animation. And for about two weeks it has given me nothing but headaches.
Then, these last two days things seem to have turned a corner and slowly but - hopefully - surely, I'm beginning to think that maybe, with a bucketload of luck and a touch of determination, I might be able to make something out of all of this! :o
First of all, I cut out some trees and a lawn our of paper - leaving the base still in the paper so that the shapes just fold up.
Then I added it to the origami houses I made a few weeks ago:
And actually, I think I'm starting to like it! But it took me seven years of heartache to get here and I'm expecting another seven, at least, to go.
I had so much trouble figuring this out that I actually had to take a break and do something else. I stuck with the animation idea, though, doing some simple stuff like this:


But this was all in preparation of the zoetrope I'd gotten into my head I should make. Well, it was worth all the work because, look, isn't it pretty? ;)

I'm taking half the day off today, let's have some happy music and dance our troubles away!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, where to start? First of all I love your tree and grass cuttings. Fantastic. I was blown away by your videos of the girl picking the flower and jumping rope! wonderufl! I would love to learn to cartoon. Maybe some day. Congrats on learning all this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the trees too as well as the animation projects...very nice indeed...the trees give me an eerie feeling... Enjoy your new week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supercool animations! I can imagine the heartache and headaches... The flying bird is superpretty and the tree cutouts are gorgeous! It's amazing how it really comes to life with the little houses around it.

    And you know what? I gave you the Versatile Blogger Award! Find out more about it: http://koosjekoene.blogspot.com/2012/03/award.html

    ReplyDelete