2012/05/21

Crafting unnecessary things ...

I made this dress yesterday.
But before you go marvelling at my efficiency, it was only a re-make of something old and drab. ;)

Something like this:
An old beach tunic that was, well, alright for the beach, but perfect for a quick transformation:
I closed to slits at the sides to make a proper dress out of it, added roomy pockets using some bits and pieces I had from when I shortened a pair of trousers, and put a pink, flowery heart on one of them:
The heart itself got a little string attached to it, so that a passing heart may grab it, should it want to;)

5 comments:

  1. Very cute and imaginative! I love it when people make-over clothing. I've done it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "little string attached to it, so that a passing heart may grab it, should it want to"... simply lovely Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's something about sewing and having a finished product in the end that really nice, isn't it! :D
    Rand - Thanks! I was experiencing an unusual bout of the romantics; may have to tuck away the string when wearing it though, wouldn't want any strays to attach themselves ... ;)

    ReplyDelete