2012/08/31

Illustration Friday: "Identical"; 同じ onaji

When we were little, my sister and I - like most siblins, I suspect - would sometimes be dressed to match. I'm sure it was a conveniece thing more than anything else, especially since we usually got the same outfit, but in different colours, but we do have a couple of photos somewhere, of us dressed exactly the same.
Now that I look at it properly, this drawing looks a lot, poses and all, like a photo of my Mum and her sister. Although not identical, they were actually twins.

8 comments:

  1. Cute...I think most parents do that for convenience...it looks adorable though. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The older sister looks quite pissed off! This pic reminds me of me and my older sister. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, similar story for me. Your drawing is beautiful, simple and has a timeless quality (much like how no matter the time period parents do this to their children). I love the expression, the lines, the speckles throughout. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belle - aww, we've missed you! Glad to see you and dinos back :D I'm afraid I found my baby sister mostly annoying - I couldn't quite figure out the point of her. Hence the pissed off look. ;)

    Nessa - thank you! :)

    Alicia - thank you! I do like the effect a smudged paper gives, a bit old and vintage :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I totally recognize both expressions in this picture. Great style!

    ReplyDelete