2013/02/01

Illustration Friday: "Wheel"; ホイール hoiiru + 7 things about me, nr 1

... I guess I dropped off the web for a while, and I'm not really back now either - not for another week - but I couldn't resist doing a quick sketch for IF! And since it fits so well into my "7 things" challenge I got from Annuk (sometime last year, I think?), I thought I'd catch two birds with one hand!

So, I have a thing for old cars - not just any old car, mind you! - the classic 50's pastel monsters ... nah, cupcakes aren't for me. But get me anything from the seventies and I have to struggle to keep my hands off of it! You know the tv series Supernatural? Well, I started watching it by recomendation but didn't really get into it - until I noticed The Car. After that, I was hooked.
Now I stay for the angel/mortal (b)romance, like everybody else. ;)
Although, I also have a weekness for French cars, there's just something about them that tickles my fancy. Or maybe it's the Francophile is me that pops up.

Anyway, that's it for now but I've got some kitties pictures waiting to be relased soon ...! :)

BTW, the car in the illo is supposed to be a '75 Pontiac Firebird.

14 comments:

  1. Perfecto Nancy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Te extrañaba!!!
    Es un placer saber de tí nuevamente!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sí, los autos franceses! OK, yo siempre tuve Citroen y Renault, aunque cometí algún pecado comprando un VW y ahora un Mazda, pero sí los franceses totalmente!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, si, nosotros tambien hemos tenido franceses en casa, y me encantan! :D

      Delete
  3. I would have loved to have that car when I was younger. I need a bigger one now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, there isn't much room for a family in there! lol

      Delete
  4. I'm not so much into cars, but I find the figure standing in front of it very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you are gorgious! You look like a magical character from a game. A computergame, I mean. And you speak three languages!!!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! So do I, and one day I'll learn to drive it, too!

      Delete
  6. Great to discover new things about you, Nancy! :D I'm looking forward to the next ones... now I'm very curious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... hmmm... haven't thought out the next one yet! ;)

      Delete