2013/05/20

Bello the adventurer, and cat-snipping

Do you remember Alice, who got spayed about a month ago? Well, she kept getting infections and twice they had to open her up to clean the wound. The third time they decided to keep her for a week to check what could possibly be wrong. In the end, there was nothing wrong with her, I guess it was just bad luck. So she's fine now - no photos though, sorry! :o
Next in line for castration was Messi (above), he went in last week.
And today it was Messi's brother Felix's turn; before the operation:
and after:
It a little creepy watching them knocked out - with their eyes open!

Meanwhile ... Ido and Lizz aren't fussy when it comes to finding a good place to snuggle: a simple cave made out of a sun chair mattress works just fine:
And Bello went for a walk in the leftovers of a once grand meadow:
And I remembered to use the video mode, too! And found some rather fitting background music provided by youtube ..

12 comments:

  1. Wow..you live in the cat kingdom...so lucky...love your video, it looks like heaps of fun; I am amazed at how he does not mind the harness; wishing you all a beautiful week : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bello's kinda intense when he's out for a walk so he always has fun ;D And he's used to the harness, had it all his life, I think that's the trick ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. well, it's only a small plot filled with bushes and rubble but there's always something new to see ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh poor Alice... I hope she will be great from now on!!! And the two boys too! It is so great that some kitties get to be neutered, it is so important in order to reduce the overpopulation and to embetter the conditions of life for the girls especially! If only there were some neutering programs in Rhodes... there is absolutely nothing at the moment. I guess you work with some local organizations and some nice local vets...
    Loved seeing your beautiful kitties!!! And I love seeing how they are (all?) used to their leashes...
    Oh, and your sister has a new blog follower! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she does seem ok now, hopefully it'll last! Actually, about the animal shelters - there are quite a few around here (although none right where I live) and I do sign up whenever there's a drive, but often I pay for it myself, like these last three (Alice, Messi and Felix). Luckily, I do get a discount at the vet.
      You found my sister! She's ever so nice, I think you'll like her and her black cat ;)

      Delete
  4. Love the music - it is like the movie "Jaws". I'm glad Alice is well now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, NOOO, dejé comentario en el anterior post!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. volví para ver el video, muy bueno, me divertí con los títulos que le ponías!!
    en un momento pareciera que la cola de tu gato es la batuta del director de la orquesta :)
    esta clase de gatos son los que yo prefiero, yo los llamo gato-gato (ninguna raza) ya sabes que yo soy "perrero" pero supo haber gatos en casa de mis padres cuando yo era joven y es un animal que me atrae como animal, creo que tienen mucha más personalidad que los perros, obviamente.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bueno, como nunca he tenido perro, tampoco lo veo de manera objetiva así que voy a decir que sí, tenés razon, tienen mucha más personalidad! lol

      Delete