2013/06/07

Illustration Friday: "Children"; こども kodomo

She was the typical little sister, always wanting to tag along, but I was seldom interested.
This is a companion piece to this sketch, both will, in some way or another, be part of the exhibition my sister and I are working on for later this year.

On a completely unrelated note, I've got to show you my fat cat Lizz - although if you look closely, not all of that white belly fat is her own - some of it is a very well matching pillow! ;)

And before you go, I should tell you there's free shipping on all prints in my Etsy shop this weekend, use this code: 7JUNI2013
  when you check out! :)

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. ja, Lizz är riktigt vacker trots soffpotatisposen :D

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful. Great piece. I'll check out the other one. Congrats on the art show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! The art show came as a bit of a surprise - we didn't even apply but were actually offered! so we're having super fun right now :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. thank you, Katarzyna! it probably won't look like this when finished but we'll see ;)

      Delete
  4. Nancy me encanta esta ilustración, tu hermana es Carolina? es también argentina?!!!!
    Che, quiero comprarte una tarjeta, pero no encuentro dónde poner el código 7juni2013, me podés explicar, por favor?
    Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Si, Carolina es mi hermana, y "argentina" tambien aunque tenia menos de un ano quando nos mudamos. Y no habla nada de espanol!

      Delete
    2. Y es una buena artista también, lo heredaron de sus padres o abuelos???

      Delete
  5. Very charming illustration. I love the texture of the background, and the characters of the two girls. I thoroughly understand both of them, and wish them a lifelong friendship of sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete