2013/12/01

How a cat can make anything look better. :)


 I have this tote I made earlier this year, so it's not that old, but it is a work-bag, meant to hold paint tubes and brushes and chocolate bars that melt in summer, sun lotion bottles with a loose cap ... you get the idea.

But I didn't really want to throw away a perfectly usable bag because of a few stains (or perhaps, rather, I didn't feel like sewing a whole new bag;) so I decided to cover up the stains with more paint!

What I did first was to create a simple pattern with masking tape and then use a roller to apply the paint. Since I'm out of fabric paint, I used regular acrylics but I'm sure it'll survive a trip to the washing machine - I've got paint stains several years old that still wont come off!
I then took off all the strips, cut out a stencil for the cat and ta-da! A brand new bag! :)


From bags to boxes, the postman delivered  a brand new toy/bed/sun chair/whatever for Valentino & Co!

8 comments:

  1. Excelente, Nancy!!
    Me gustó mucho este bolso, realmente. la idea de las tiras de cinta adhesiva para crear un patern está muy buena y el gato rojo es lo más!
    Valentino!!!!!!!!!! ya sabés que es mi preferido!
    Buena semana otoñal Nancy!!!!!! por aquí, ya sabés, se acerca el verano, época de beber cosas frescas y andar con poca ropa, me gusta el verano por eso, pero cuando hace mucho calor no lo soporto y empiezo a pedir por el otoño!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, si aquí estamos exactamente lo mismo com el calor - nunca conforme!
      Ya sé que Vale es tu preferido y la verdad es que es tán bonito y charmante que es el favorito de todos que visitan!

      Delete
  2. Nueva foto de perfil muy buena!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! ... estos días muchas veces me olvido de tomar la foto ... :o

      Delete
  3. Love the bag and I agree that a cat can make anything better...and Valentino appears very content thanks to you : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valentino is a cat who manages to seem content wherever! ... it might also be because he knows what he wants and takes it ;)

      Delete