2014/02/14

Illustration Friday: "Twisted"; ねじれた nejireta

Sketching is a skill that takes practice, so I do a bit of urban sketching when I can. This is a backstreet in Torrevieja (that accidentally houses the only vegetarian restaurant I know of around here!) and it's a lovely mix of old and new. Not sure how long the old will stay, given the state of it (the only restaurations I've seen so far are on the more modern parts of town, these older buildings are often abandoned), but it caught my eye with its hidden garden behind the wall, and the mess of cables running along the front. It's far from the most impressive tangle I've come across but still quite pretty ;)
But, if there was one detail that made me fall for it, it was the name of the buidling - as seen on the door - "The Whale".

6 comments:

  1. Me gusta, Nancy. Yo realmente no tomo bocetos de paisajes, (ni naturales, ni urbanos) pero me gustaría hacerlo y debería hacerlo. me gusta tomar bocetos de personas, a menudo lo hago en alguna sala de espera, pero me da vergüenza que me vean.
    La Ballena es un buen nombre para u restaurant, aunque, si es vegetariano... debería llamarse La Papa, o El Zapallo, o algo así, jaja.
    Ok. Enviaste algo a mí ya?????? Buen fin de semana, amiga!!!!!! Nueva foto del perfil muy buena!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. si, yo tambien prefiero personas pero ya no vivo en una ciudad y las calles suelen estar vacias ... El restaurante vegetariano se llama, con mucha imaginacion aparentemente, "Restaurante Vegetariano".

      Delete
  2. Haha, such a little door and such a big name! Perhaps the portions are very big? Beautiful happy little street! The clutch of wires is unbelievable for a Dutch person. Here every such thing is underground and neatly stowed away. I like the disorder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it's not the restaurant that bears that name, it's just a building! I agree about the wires - they frighten me a bit and I'm very happy with having them tucked away, but ... they do look pretty this way, right? ;)

      Delete
  3. How beautiful your work is. I looked around your blog a bit and you have given me pleasure!

    ReplyDelete