2015/01/25

Illustration Friday: "Passion"; じょうねつ jounetsu


... "Passion" is a tricky word, such a subjective thing. What I'm passionate about today, might bore me to death tonight; I know I can get enthustiastic about pretty much anything as long as I concentrate, but as soon as I lose focus, my mind starts to wander.

Is there a measuring stick somewhere that clearly points out how much intensity is required for it to be counted as a passion? Sometimes I wonder if passion isn't into one of those overused words that are meant to describe how wonderfully delightful and worthy of attention you are but has been so watered down that it turns everything it touches into a cliché for self-fulfillment wannabes.

Weeeell, that was a bit of a downer! I got carried away. ;) (and I'm not entirely sure if that last sentence even makes sense :o)

Let's balance it out with some cute kitties :)


5 comments:

  1. Hahaha, kitties can balance out anything. :)

    You make a good point about the word. I think I know a lot of self-fulfillment wannabes. Your sketch, though, is wonderful! It's a great combination of airy sketchiness with the perfect amount of detail in just the right places. So good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bella! Yes, cats are the cure for everything! ;) ... My instagram account is crammed full with them :/

      Delete
  2. I love that last sentence :) Kind of puts a finger on a lot of things these days. Your drawing really captures a mood we all live in sometimes, though I do it with a dog who insists on bouncing on me and changing that mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, dogs really are very good at demanding attention that way :D

      Delete
  3. Creo que estoy de acuerdo contigo!. Tal vez,tener pasión por algo, no es sentir un impulso irrefrenable (unstoppable, like crazy) Tal vez, sentir pasión por algo, se mide por el tiempo que tú dedicas a eso. Buena semana, Nancy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete