Not convinced yet ...


I'm so enjoying the way I can just pick up yesterday's gouache palette, rewet the paint and start painting! What I didn't enjoy was the watercolour paper soaking up all the paint.
And I can't decide whether the brushes that came with the paint set are good or bad or just not what I'm used to. 
It's so weird to me that I, who normally enjoy mixing my acrylics, find such joy in using the paint straight from the tube - maybe I'm getting comfy with age ...

Then I had some fun using up the leftover paint on the palette:

I used a rigger brush for the first time this week. Not on this particular doodle but I'd like to use it re-do this one properly and more detailed. I'm quite enjoying the way I can just keep adding layers, light over dark. 
But after all that painting, I finished with some coloured pencils and markers:


Painting landscapes and flowers doesn't seem to come easily for me but I'm determined to give it a proper go!


 

Comments

Popular Posts