No squares please.

My next illustrated story will be titled something along the lines of "The Delta Tiger". The more I think about it, the more unsure I become. But I can't stop thinking so here we are.

How many storyboard drafts do you go through before the whole story is finished? I'm on my third, and it's getting cluttered again. But I think this will be the last version and from now on it's to be used strictly for note-keeping.

But what I really wanted to write about were some of those little setbacks and mistakes you often fall for even though you always tell yourself you're definitely not doing it this time!

My annoying little habit is that I get stuck with the idea of the traditional comic book layout, with lots of structured frames and fractured pages. I love it when other people do it but it's all kinds of wrong for me.

Here's an example:

It's got squares, the wrong colour scheme, and it lacks life.

This one however ...

is a lot looser, has a palette that fits the story, and has much more character.

And then there's this one; although needing some cleaning up, I find it delightful with its sketchy lines:


Just a few details to bring the last two images together into the same story and I'll be happy with it!



Comments

Popular Posts